Statement of the Academy's Aims and Objectives
Our school is about developing the potential of EVERYONE to the full in a
caring and stimulating environment.
Our school philosophy provides an overall framework for general and more specific whole school aims, and is the foundation from which all aspects of our school community develop.
- To create high standards of learning experiences for all children by providing access to all areas of the Curriculum
- To create a lively and stimulating learning environment that is exciting today, as well as a preparation for the future
- To create a caring, secure environment so that all in school feel a sense of worth
- To develop a caring attitude for the environment
- To create a partnership with parents
- To develop a positive place for the school within the community
- To create a ‘feel good’ factor, so that each individual feels good about themselves, about what they do and about the school
Our whole school aims stress:
· Continuity and progression
· Recognition of the individual
· Variety of experiences, skills, attitudes, concepts and knowledge to fully develop each child’s potential
To enhance self-esteem and the ability to value each person’s own worth through a happy, caring, enriching and secure environment.
· To develop an awareness of self and self-confidence
· To develop sensitivity to others
· To develop self-discipline
· To develop self-esteem
· To develop acceptable behaviour
· To develop cooperation
To develop the natural curiosity that children exhibit about themselves and their world, and use their curiosity to foster positive attitudes to learning.
· To develop an enquiring mind
· To be able to make reasoned judgements and choices
· To develop independent thought
· To develop perseverance
· To be able to identify problems, investigate and find solutions
· To be able to plan independent work and organise their own time
· To encourage creative thinking
· To learn how to acquire information from various sources and record this in a variety of ways
· To be able to communicate ideas and information in a variety of ways for different occasions and purpose
To develop each individual to his/her potential through offering a wide range of high quality experiences.
· To provide differentiated learning to meet individual needs
· To provide equal opportunity for all
· To extend individual talents and interests
· To develop children as autonomous learners
To develop social awareness, group responsibility and empathy through the social context of learning.
· To enjoy the same experiences regardless of sex, race religion or colour
· To be sensitive to the needs of others
· To develop a set of beliefs and values
· To develop confidence to make and hold moral judgements
· To develop respect for religious and moral values of other religions, races and ways of life
To provide first-hand experiences which enable children to acquire concepts and skills which will help them to understand themselves, their culture and the world in which they live.
· To develop a questioning attitude towards the environment
· To develop respect and care for themselves, their environment and the wider environment
of the world
· To understand the growth and development of society, including local and national heritage
· To develop an understanding and appreciation of the world in which we live
· To be aware of other times and other places
To develop children’s imagination and creativity by offering a wide range of experiences.
· To develop the skills to use music, drama, P.E. and art as a means of expression
· To develop the ability to express feelings through the creative and expressive studies
To promote a health conscious environment.
· To understand the importance of health, hygiene and safety
· To involve children in regular exercise
To develop positive relationships between home, school and the community.
· To involve parents in their child’s learning
· To develop a partnership between home and school
· To develop a partnership between school and the community
· To involve parents in school life
· To develop links with other agencies
· To develop links with other schools and education groups
To provide a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum for all children in keeping with the requirements of the Education
· To provide a variety of differentiated experiences to support the above
· To provide a balance of core and contributory subjects
· To develop policies and schemes of work for all areas of the curriculum, core,
contributory and cross curricular .